Archive search by date
Christmas Pudding Roll
They say that your can keep Christmas pudding indefinitely in a plastic container in the fridge. I guess this is because the amount of alcohol that goes into it, a very long shelf life is assured.
You can see my Christmas Dinner Leftovers recipes on my 26th December post.
You can imagine that I was a little reluctant about making a dessert from the leftover Christmas pudding in early May (ie 6 months old) but as this was a homemade pudding based upon the wonderful Good Housekeeping recipe, it did smell ok, and the archeological effort of re-discovering it and getting it out of the deepest depths of the fridge sort of justified doing something with it.
In fact, after months of marinating, it was just delicious, better than at Christmas.
- Roll out several layers of fill pastry, brush each side with melted butter and lay on top of each other.
- Grate an apple (or two). Add some cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spread the grated apple and left over Christmas Pudding onto the layers of filo pastry. Moisten with a little rum or brandy if the mixture seems too dry.
- Roll up the pastry into a roll and brush all over with more melted butter.
- Bake in a hot oven until golden brown.
- Slice and serve with cream, ice cream or even some bandy or bum rutter.
posted on: 03/05/2013 at 14:25 in category: [/cooking] with permanent link
Leave a Comment