Archive search by date
Prawn curry and chapatis
- Mix a smooth bread dough with flour, salt, oil, a little yeast, and sugar. Let it rest for a while, this makes it more elastic and easier to roll out thinly.
- Fry a chopped onion in some ghee.
- Add some cubed courgettes and a chopped banana and continue frying for a few minutes.
- Add some curry powder or, better, curry paste. You can make this yourself in a small blender by adding freshly ground dry spices (coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds) and fresh chillies, ginger and a little oil. You can find various posts in this blog about making fresh curry paste, basically use the spices you like best and experiment with the proportions.
- Mix the spice mixture into the pan and add some lemon juice, and coconut milk.
- Cook on a low heat until the courgettes are cooked through and the sauce is creamy.
- Add some peeled cooked prawns, just heat through and serve.
- You can also use uncooked prawns (also peeled), in which case put on a high heat and cook for a little longer until the prawns are cooked through.
- Roll out small balls of the chapati dough until they are very thin. Cook on a very hot flat griddle or a heavy based frying pan. They need only one minute per side providing the pan is hot enough.
posted on: 23/03/2013 at 06:03 in category: [/cooking] with permanent link
Leave a Comment