Archive search by date
Smoked Salmon Mousse starter
- Put some leaves of gelatine to soak in cold water or, if using powdered gelatine or veggie jelly (various brands out there), follow instructions on the packet.
- Finely slice a carrot and boil for a few minutes (the carrots should still be a little crunchy).
- Make some mayonnaise (or use some ready-made) and mix it with a little tomato ketchup and a little horseradish sauce (or tabasco if you want more of a kick).
- Melt the gelatine in a small amount of hot water, allow to cool a little.
- Add the cooled gelatin mixture to the pink mayonnaise and add some fromage blanc (you could also use cream). Line the bottom of some ramekin moulds with a little of the mixture.
- Assemble the ramekins in layers of smoked salmon, cooked carrots, and mayonnaise mixture.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- To serve, place the ramekins into a little hot water to slightly melt the set gelatine and then turn out onto the plates.
You could also use cucumber slices in this recipe.
posted on: 03/03/2013 at 10:03 in category: [/cooking] with permanent link
Leave a Comment