Archive search by date
Grilled Chicken Salad
This is a quick and dead-easy salad, an oriental version of a Ceasar's Salad I guess.
- Coat some chopped chicken breast in sesame seeds and some spices, I use ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, chilli. Cover with some greaseproof paper and back with a rolling pin so the spicy coating penetrates the chicken pieces.
- Grill on a hot griddle, turning once
- For the sauce, blend honey, lime juice, garlic and a bunch of fresh coriander in the blender. Fold in some greek style yoghurt.
- When cooked, add a little honey and some lemon juice to the griddle pan to coat the chicken.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with some garlic croutons (optional).
In the photo (right) I cooked a whole chicken breast and sliced it before serving it with a grated carrot salad placed in some chicory (endive) leaves.
posted on: 28/11/2012 at 16:52 in category: [/cooking] with permanent link
Leave a Comment