Archive search by date
You can cook almost anything with this method, it’s rather fun.
- Baste some chicken breasts in a mixture of lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, chilli pepper and olive oil. Leave to marinate for a while.
- Line the bottom of a heavy wok with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Place a mixture of tea leaves, rice, sugar, mixed whole chinese spice, a cinnamon stick and place on the heat. Because of the smoke, it’s best to do this recipe outside if possible, otherwise make sure you put the kitchen fan on. Place a grill in the wok over the dry ingredients and cover.
- When the wok starts smoking, place the chicken breasts on the grill, cover and leave for 30 minutes. If there is too much smoke, lower the heat.
- Serve hot or cold with a salad.
Try smoking fish in this way, or sliced dick breast. Use just tea leaves and sugar to make the smoke if you want a more delicate flavor.
posted at: 13:03 |[/cooking] permanent link